Principal - Patient Centered Outcomes
Highly Competitve • UK - Flexible
Principal – Patient Centered Outcomes (Quantitative/Psychometric)
Our client is a leading provider of consultancy services to the global pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Covering Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA), Health Economics, Pricing & Market Access and Real World Evidence.
Overview of the role
The Principal (Quantitative/Psychometric) will have a leadership position in our clients growing quantitative research team and will serve as the project director and/or scientific advisor for quantitative projects, taking responsibility for the scientific integrity of the research.
The Principal will also support the overall business strategy.
To succeed you will need
- Significant academic or industry experience in quantitative methods for instrument development/validation, including classical and modern psychometric methods; health-related instrument development experience preferred but experience in related fields involving instrument development/validation (e.g., education) accepted.
- Experience of writing study protocols, statistical analysis plans, and study reports
- Ability to coach/mentor junior staff in the application of quantitative/psychometric methods
- Experience of the use and application of statistical software packages such as SAS, R, Stata
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience of leading research studies and directing project teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act as PCO functional lead in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and scientific writing skills, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, technical reports, or other scholarly work
- Ability to manage own workload with respect to project scope, timelines and quality
- Ability to travel (approximately 5% - 10%) domestic and/or international
The following experiences are preferred, though our client is open to training the right candidate coming from academia or another discipline with transferable skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of health outcomes research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current)
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance documents and scientific guidelines (FDA guidance; FDA qualification documentation; dossier outline; EMA guidance resources; ISPOR Task Force Documents, etc.)