Consultant, Value Demonstration Practice
£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus • Oxfordshire
Our client, a leading medical communications agency are looking for an experienced Consultant to join their Value Demonstration Practice in Oxfordshire.
We are looking for an experienced writer who is interested in leading a real-world evidence publications account, with responsibility for editorial quality, product strategy & messaging, and client relationships. The role also offers opportunities for mentoring and line management, as well as variety through working on a range of health economic and market access deliverables.
- Lead the development of a range of projects to ensure each is completed on schedule and on budget.
- Produce good first drafts of key deliverables (e.g. manuscripts, dossiers and systematic review protocols), ready for sending to clients with minimal need for additional internal review (i.e. relevant messaging, format, style and language and appropriate review strategy).
- Provide direction on content development, messaging, style and language, and research approach to other team members and freelancers
- Project manage, direct, review and QC the work of associate consultants, and provide feedback to develop their writing skills
- Good judgment, project management and ability to prioritize is also expected (e.g. agree suitable deadlines, target journal, approach to project delivery, allocation of work to freelancers, seeking senior review and input, providing feedback to junior team members).
2) Client consultancy
Be able to:-
- Be the key contact with clients on a day-to-day basis for a set of projects or account
- Develop a good working relationship and rapport with clients
- Maintain awareness of the full range of projects that VDP delivers, regardless of actual project experience.
- Take a brief from clients and advise on content (including messaging, style, and timings and research approach) and strategy at the proposal stage, and at project initiation.
- Manage one-to-one meetings/teleconferences with clients regarding ongoing projects, including preparing agenda and providing notes of follow-up actions.
3) Line management/mentoring
- Line manages an Associate Consultant, when appropriate/needed.
- Contribute to the recruitment of new VDP staff by assessing CVs and writing tests, participating in interviews and attending recruitment fairs on behalf of VDP and the company.
4) Internal processes
- Acquire a sound knowledge of in-house production processes and develop an awareness of the factors that impact timelines or budgets at different stages of projects.
- Work effectively with the Production department, provide briefings for core deliverables and agree schedules for work.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the ABPI/ Good Publication Practice guidelines/ CHEERs/PRISMA and awareness of copyright issues (e.g. figures).
- Communicate key information effectively and efficiently to other members of the project team, including Production and team administrators.
- Contribute to VDP and general company team processes and best practice development.
5) Business development (BD)
- Have a good understanding of the costing process and be able to cost specific VDP projects accurately and independently, and contribute to proposal development.
- Develop a client account through building client relationships and identify/initiate organic new business opportunities (with the support of senior VDP colleagues).
- Contribute to overall VDP BD (with the support of senior VDP colleagues) through
o Attendance at external forums and congresses
o Development of VDP credentials decks
o Participation at client pitches/meetings.
- Capable of developing a wide range of writing deliverables to meet client requirements with minimal senior VDP input.
- Competent to manage and advise existing clients and develop new business
- Competent to line manage/mentor junior staff.
- Have good awareness of internal processes for delivery of a wide range of deliverables.
- Able to deliver a full range of written materials, using different writing styles for a range of audiences and purposes.
- Competent to accurately QC materials against sources.
- Adhere to VDP and company processes and follow style guides (including applying specific client style requirements).
- Effective self-monitoring and management of own time and an understanding of the implications for other people’s time (colleagues, freelancers, Production, clients, external experts, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint, familiarity with Excel and EndNote.
- Good presentation and communications skills, in accordance with experience.
- Engage professionally with clients, in correspondence, TCs and meetings.
- Accuracy in all aspects of work and ability to QC materials for others.
- Maintain and develop awareness of current trends in pharma market access activities and health economics/HTA processes.
- Attend external events, such as congresses and seminars, in order to develop professional contacts and knowledge.
- Promote friendly working environment within VDP and its sub teams.